SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the practice of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results. This is typically done through a combination of on-page optimization, which includes things like keyword research and meta tags, and off-page optimization, which includes things like link building and social media promotion. The goal of SEO is to rank higher in the search engine results for relevant keywords, in order to drive more traffic to a website.
SEO is the process of optimizing a website or web pages in order to improve its visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs). This is done by making changes to the content and structure of the site in order to make it more appealing to search engines, with the goal of ranking higher in SERPs for specific keywords or phrases.
SEO can involve a variety of tactics, such as:
- Researching and selecting relevant keywords to target
- Optimizing website content, meta tags, and images
- Building backlinks from other websites to increase authority
- Making sure the website is technically sound, with a well-structured code and no broken links
- Properly using header tags, alt tags for images and optimizing website for mobile devices
SEO is a continuously evolving field, as search engines are constantly updating their algorithms and best practices. Therefore SEO requires consistent monitoring, testing and adapting. SEO is an important aspect of digital marketing as it helps to increase the visibility of a website in the organic search results, which in turn can help to drive more traffic to the website and increase conversion rates.